The “Atelier Chipoterie’” is a place opens to those who want to play with clay, a place to learn and also of conviviality, creativity and exchange.
On “chipote” (tinker?!) a lot with the clay, we tinker to center it, we tinker to throw, we tinker to glaze a pot, we tinker for small finishes…
I gave my first class at the «Atelier Chipoterie» in 2003.
it is equipped with 5 electric wheels, a space for slabbing, coiling, a large choice of homemade stoneware glazes, an electric oven of 250L, a gas oven of 150L and a garden for coffee breaks in summer .
- Maximum number of participants: 5
- Languages: French, Dutch, English
- Public: adults, teens, occasionally children .
4 Learning Modules
All levels combined, we work there according to our desires, throwing or hand building technique, we glaze our pots. I take turns taking care of everyone. I do not propose this course to start with the technique of throwing because my attention would be too monopolized by the beginner on the wheel, the others participants would be a little abandoned.
*Monday mornings from 9:30 am to 12 pm and Wednesday evenings from 6:30 pm to 9 pm. 1st free lesson. Card of 10 lessons 155€ ( biscuit firing included)
“Throwing techniques courses by levels”
Beginners or advanced, this is a technical course to learn the throwing technique or to improve it. You will learn to prepare the clay, the different techniques to throw, to use glazes.
*session of 10 lessons , 3h, Monday or Thursday evening. 225€ (white clay and biscuit firing included).
- Throwing technique beginner , learning basic throwing gestures.
- Throwing technique advance, with theme, improve your techniques, adopt a better posture to evolve, learn to make new shapes…
- Discovering clay, learn the coiling technique and slabbing technique, a simple and ancestral way to make pots,taking a bit of time to observe, touch and creat.
*4h on Saturday afternoon, 4h on Sunday afternoon. 90€ (including biscuit firing)
- Throwing technique beginner.” 5 days to immerse yourself in the learning of throwing clay, the best way to make a big step with this technique witch is not so easy at first.
- Throwing technique advanced, 5 days to push your limits further, enrich yourself with new techniques, share your passion with others.
*5 x 5 hours per week (during summer holidays in general) 240€ (biscuit firing included)